Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Feeling Without The Words

Has it ever happened to you that you feel like writing, but you don’t know what to write?  Everything I have on the go seems unappealing right now.  The blank page remains blank.  I even looked at a writing prompt and was uninspired by it all.  I want to write, but no words are coming out. 

For most of the day I’m not home, so the things I picture are my ongoing projects.  I longed for my hard drive with my ideas and beginnings and middles.  These are ideas I already know I like, but haven’t expanded on.  I want to expand, in a writerly way, of course.

I’ve looked at blogs.  I’ve worked.  I’m at my day job, after all.  But none of it is holding my interest.  Is it the baby brain talking?  I don’t know.  I just know I want to write something, but I don’t know what.

Also, should I start adding pictures to some of these posts?  Or is that just something to distract me from my lack of writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment