Friday, April 26, 2013

Not The Same Old Links

Waterfalls are good for mediation, right?
I've been going to a writing group lately. It's twice a month.  I'm really enjoying it. I find it quite stimulating.  For the most recent group, I was in charge of coming up with the meditation that we use before our first writing prompt. I found the idea of coming up with a mediation challenging, so I Googled it, of course. Below are some interesting links on writing and meditation.  

I also read an interesting and slightly scary article from GalleyCat about someone who lost 5 years of schoolwork, including their all-important thesis. Writers, back up your work!  Below are two articles that list some options for online backups.  Of course, you could get yourself a portable hard drive or a USB drive or CD or DVD or even floppy disk if you have a REALLY old computer.  (I do, in fact, own a computer that has a floppy drive.  I don't even know if it still works.  I think it's been two years since I turned it on.)

After writing two little paragraphs about the link topics this week, I would feel remiss if I didn't at least mention my last link today.  Make your quotes pretty!  Then Pin them.  Or use Tumblr.  Or some other image/blogging thing that you want.  Also, quotes as imagery makes them more noticeable.  Am I wrong?

Thanks for stopping by!

Meditation and Writing:

Meditation and the Art of Writing - Copyblogger

Loving Kindness Meditation for Writers - Writer Unboxed

Writing as Meditation

Helping Writers De-Stress: Meditation Apps

Back Up Your Work!

Why You Should Back Up Your Writing Right Now - GalleyCat

Top 15 Free Online File Storage Sites - Social Times

Making Quotes Pretty: http://quozio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment