Thursday, July 11, 2013

Another Draft Done


It has been two months since I finished the first draft of my non-fiction project.  I've read it over and made edits.  I've taken out whole chunks, and added new ones.  I've reformatted, reorganized and I hadn't even let anyone else read it.  

I'm a little nervous about letting other people read it. But I'll have to in order to make it better.  I can't tell what to change anymore, not on my own.  This story has lived with me for the last year.  I can see it, picture everything.  Can a reader?  I need those outside eyes to view my story.  What can't they see? What bores them?  What gets in the way of the narrative?  What makes the narrative better?  These are the things I want to know.  So, I have let it out into the world.  I have a few people reading it, maybe too many.  I'm nervous about what they'll think, but I'm excited too.  


No comments:

Post a Comment