Sunday, October 23, 2016

Last Week #68 - Busy Days

It has been a crazy busy couple of months. Between weddings, birthdays, children and work, I've barely had any time to myself. The good news is that I have managed to squeeze in some writing time. I mentioned a while ago that my main character is now reacting to the consequences of a traumatic event. The few lines below is from the first exchange she is having with her sister about what happened.

"Thanks." I tried to smile, but I could barely look at her. While she sat at the other end of the sofa, I stared down at my cup, bowling gently to cool the liquid. A hot sip burned down my throat.

"I still don't know what to say about what happened." She caught my eye before i looked away.

"Neither do I," I put down my tea and shut my eyes.

I'm slowly figuring out where they move on from here. I also feel like a chunk of this conversation will eventually be cut, but I am also trying not to think like that. What I'm trying to remember is that I need to keep moving my characters and the story forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment