Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ward Six: Are You a Double-Spacer?

An interesting post from Ward Six about double-spacing after periods.  Do you do it?  I admit I do.  It was a habit from high school keyboarding class, now it's a requirement as part of my duties at my job.  I know that here on blogger, the software automatically takes out the extra space.  I know that printed material doesn't include it.  I expect that eventually it will be the all-around standard, but for right now, I do it. 

Ward Six: Are You a Double-Spacer?: "image lifted from www.loneplacebo.com You've probably seen this article in Slate: the author works up quite a lather about people who stil..."

1 comment:

  1. I just use the one space, but one of my English teachers used to chide me for seperating my paragraphs with a line. I just don't like seeing blocks of thought all crammed together.

    ReplyDelete