Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I Am Trying To Pick A Path


© Copyright Thor Beverley licensed for reuse
under this Creative Commons Licence
I was querying recently for my short story collection.  I stuck to agencies in the area where I live.  What are the rules with querying?  Can I query agents far and wide?  I guess I’m going to have to do a little more research.

I’ve also been considering looking at small press publishers myself.  There are a few in Canada, willing to take a risk on new writers (so I hear). Then there is self-publishing through Kindle or Smashwords or some sort of combination. 

I’m also considering breaking apart the collection and submitting the stories to various literary journals and magazine.  I’ve done that before with little success.  Many of the stories have been edited/revamped since then, so I might be more successful this time around.

I’ve also been considering using Wattpad, but I don’t know….

Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment