Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Earl Grey

(c) Loni
Yup.  Today, I'm going to write about tea.  I love tea.

The tea shop I used to buy most of my tea from was bought out by a larger chain.  I was very sad.  I had been going there for a few years.  Now, it has left me trying to figure out where to buy the teas I enjoy.  This new chain, while also selling loose leaf tea, does not sell the same tea selection of the previous store, so I've lost a couple favourites.

The first tea I had to get was Earl Grey.  I was hesitant to buy the Earl Grey at the new store because their small size was huge compared to the old store and I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money.  Mistake.  Bagged Earl Grey doesn't cut it any more (unless it's the kind you get at Starbucks).  So I sucked it up and bought around 225 grams/ .5 pounds, which trust me, is a lot.  But it's so yummy.... However, to save a little money, I saw another loose leaf Earl Grey that was specially selected from blah, blah, blah...  It is about the same price and it comes in a smaller quantity, so I thought I'd get it.  It is not good enough.  It has a bitter taste to it.  If I accidentally steep it too long, I HAVE to add milk and sugar otherwise I can't drink it.

So, in the end, I'm buying Earl Grey from Teavana.  It's so good.  

*I almost wrote, "Earl Grey, hot." as the title to this post because I love Captain Picard.  He's probably the main reason I tried Earl Grey Tea in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment