Friday, March 15, 2013

Goodbye Google Reader

I'm sure most people have heard by now that Google Reader will be no more come July 1, 2013.  I'm not sure what I'll do yet.  I like getting feeds in Google Reader.  It's so easy to use.  I've been using it for years.  YEARS!

Going through my Google Reader this morning, as I do most mornings, I found that Kelly from Radiant Shadows has already done some research about what she'd like to use to replace Google Reader: 

I also found a similar post from Parajunkee:

Thanks bloggers for doing all that research for me :P

Seriously, they list a number of alternatives I plan on exploring.  I'll see which one fits me best.  Even if I have to import each blog/website individually.  That will give me an opportunity to go through my lengthy Google Reader reading list and maybe I'll cull the blogs I don't actually read or haven't updated in months/years and maybe I haven't noticed because of the number of sites in my Reader.  This could be a good thing...  I'm still a little sad though.  At least there are alternatives out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment