Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Random #23


I don't know what to read next. Sometimes it is obvious which book I should pick up, but right now, I'm just not sure. I thought I wanted to read Sleeping with the Fishes, but then I started thinking about Dracula's Guest. Two books that are very far apart. A fluffy paranormal romance or a classic? One is a paperback, the other is an ebook. Are either right for me right now? Should it be something completely different?
 
If I'm not reading a good book, it doesn't do well for my writing.  It doesn't have to be the same genre or type of story, it just has to be good.  I have to be enjoying it.  But I also don't typically analyze my choices in regards to whatever I'm writing.  I usually only see the results after or during the reading of the book.  Now, however, that I'm deciding what to read, I've lot the flow to the next book, so I'm analyzing.  I can't take a break from reading, because that's just crazy.  Ugh, I need to make a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment