Sunday, July 26, 2015

Last Week #36 - The Outline Is Done! (Sort Of)

I finished working on this outline... I've been coming to it and away from it for what seems like months.  I knew I needed it when I was feeling stagnant with my work-in-progress.  I like this guide, I feel that it is still going to change, but that it will also tell me where the story needs to go.  I finished writing it by hand, of course.  I knew it would be the only way I would finish it. Writing by hand definitely taps into a different part of my creativity.  Now, I am typing it up. That way it will be clear (I don't have to interpret my own scribbles) and easy to access.  There is also some kind of editing that seems to happen when something goes from paper to screen.

The other thing that has happened, I've decided to change the name of a character.  He's an important character, especially through the second half of the story.  I changed one male character's name a few months ago, now another.  I'm happy with his first name, but he needs a last name.  I'm thinking of just throwing "Doe" in there until I find something I'm happy with.  I've been searching for a bit, but now I feel like I'm wasting time.  

I don't know why I'm so happy to be done the outline though.  Maybe because I've never used one before.

No comments:

Post a Comment