Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Random #83 - Behind In Blogging

I'm behind in blogging. Normally I don't worry about it. I think blogging should be fun, something that, though I might have people who read this and I'm sharing with them, I am doing for myself. I like blogging. I like talking about what I'm writing, the food I'm eating and the books I've read. But because I do it for myself, if I fall behind a bit, it doesn't bother me. 

It bothers me now. 

Between this blog and my other blog, I have at least 11 post drafts. Some of them on the other blog are posts about what I've read, but there are other posts too. 11 of them. How did I end up with so many bookish and writerly ideas? I want to write these posts. Some of them I should be able to write easily (with enough time), but a couple of them need a little research. Research is normally fine. I like reading about topics I'm interested in, but I don't feel like I have the time lately. Even writing this, I'm thinking, I really aught to be working on one of the other posts. Instead, I'm wondering if I'll find time to write them all. One of the drafts is for an idea I had in July.

Of course I've been busy lately. I've been more focused on writing, which I've mentioned here before. But my day job has also been really busy. I'm working earlier and later quite frequently now. By the time I'm done, I am exhausted, with time to choose either writing or blogging. Inspiration may have led me to note post ideas, but it has also pushed me forward with my work-in-progress. Now I'm wondering when these other posts will be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment