Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Random #89 - The Holiday Spirit

All I feel is stress this year. I keep waiting for that happy, fun, exciting feeling to come, but it's missing. I don't know if it's because of the difficult year we have had, the way work at my day job is going, the stress of any number of other things I have been dealing with, but I'm pretty glum. I really don't want to be. I want to enjoy the decorations, the music, the movies and my beautiful children. I want to feel the love and inspiration this time of year can often bring. I keep thinking that if I dig deeper, somehow work harder, it will come. I've even been baking cookies. Gingersnaps and Chocloate Chip Shortbread. They were good and made the house smell Christmas-y. They're all gone though. The children, Hubby and coworkers ate them. I'll have to make more... Of the Gindersnaps at least. Maybe I just need to play more holiday music....

This makes me happy though, in a ridiculous way....

No comments:

Post a Comment