Monday, August 27, 2012

Maternity Leave Infographic, or I'm Proud To Be Canadian


I know this Infographic has been making the internet rounds.  I know that it's supposed to be for Americans because of their awful (sorry American friends) maternity leave policy.  It just made me realize how lucky I am to be a mother in Canada.  I thought that France and the UK had better policies than us, but apparently not.  Click the links below for more information.

How The Zero Weeks Of Paid Maternity Leave In The U.S. Compare Globally: pOut of 178 nations, the U.S. is one of three that does not offer paid maternity leave benefits, let alone paid leave for fathers, which more than 50 of these nations offer. Here’s how the U.S. stacks up to 14 other countries: In comparison, Canada and Norway offer generous benefits that can be shared between [...]/p

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/05/24/489973/paid-maternity-leave-us/

No comments:

Post a Comment