Saturday, March 21, 2015

Last Week #24 - Is It Writer's Block?

This picture again?! It's the only one
I have that of my work-in-progress.
Did I write last week (the last two weeks)?  Again, not really.  I've been really concentrating on my new job.  I really want it to work out.  I've had such ups and downs with employment, that I long for some stability.  It doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to work.  I was doing training, which needed to be as near to perfect as possible.  After training was done, they already wanted me to work overtime!  Can't say, no.  This coming week, I hope to adjust to what the actual job will be like.

So, I'm organized, I know what I want to do, I just can't seem to do it.  Part of it was time, but the other day, I began to wonder if it was something else.  Is it writer's block?  I don't usually have writer's block because I tend to work on more than one project at a time.  However, with my non-fiction project essentially done, I decided to focus everything on finishing my novel.  Is it that I know it's going to be a lot of work and I'm procrastinating?  Probably at least, a bit of that.  Hopefully, things will start to even out and my brain will be able to wrap itself around the story again.  I think working on the outline first for a bit will help.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment