Sunday, August 9, 2015

Last Week #38 - What Happens When I'm Left Alone

I did some writing this weekend and it was great.  It only took being left completely alone for more than a day.  I would have liked to get more done, but I was still at home and there was still housework.  Oh well.  I liked what I did.  I'm not sure how much of it will get kept, but I like this snippet:

        “Did you know they were bad?” I asked his reflection.

He raised his head, I could see him follow my gaze to the television. He looked back up at the side of my head. “I’m not sure how to answer that.”

“Because of your job or because you don’t want to hurt me?” I sat down in the armchair, putting some space between us.

He looked at me, seemed to be taking everything in, from the shine of my hair to the wool socks on my feet.  He furrowed his brow, “Yes.”

“Ah.” I lean back and tucked my feet underneath myself. I gazed down at my hands, folded in my lap, “Too bad we couldn’t have met sooner, or differently.”

“I was just thinking the same thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment