Monday, August 24, 2015

Last Week #40 - A Whole New First Page

I was reading the first page of my current work-in-progress and decided to rewrite the whole thing.  I just read it and thought, this is awful. So I started changing it.  At first, I was just making changes on the actual page (I've printed out a hard copy of what is finished so far), but there just wasn't enough space and I was slashing through paragraphs. I got out my notebook and just started writing. The old first page became basically an outline of what I wanted to happen to the character, but now I was using the words that would convey her indifference, fear, and worry. I wrote it out by hand, which always makes me feel good. I'm happy with the work I've done this week. I wish it were more, but I'm going to look at the quality instead of the quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment