Sunday, November 15, 2015

Last Week #48 - All About One Story

I went to my writers group this week. It was great, I was really happy with my writing. I got a really great reaction to what I wrote to one of the prompts too. It made me feel amazing and embarrassed. Everyone was staring at me silently for a moment when I was done reading the piece. Of course, I thought that meant it sucked. Then one of the wonderful women at the group was like, we're quiet because we're stunned and want to know more. Then I wanted to shrink into myself. I was happy, but, well, also wanted to hide. 

Of the four prompts I wrote to this week, three ended up involving characters in my current work in progress. After the session, I also found myself even more connected with the novel. I'm excited to see how my story develops. 

Also, I'm not including that piece here because I'm still weirdly embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment