Sunday, August 10, 2014

Last Week... #8 - So Close To Finishing (Non-Fiction)

I did a lot of work last week.  I'm so close to finishing the revisions and additions to my non-fiction, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm actually thinking about my query letter now, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself.  I'm waiting until this latest draft is completed before I change my focus.  Since I'm finally using the computer to type stuff up, instead of writing it by hand, I thought I'd include a quick snippet. Hopefully it doesn't give too much away.  

*

Where will that leave me eventually?  Will I lose the job I currently have?  I don't know.  I don't think so. My boss has talked about the future of the company and how much he expects it to grow over the next few years.  Yet, other bosses/owners talked about the same thing and what did it get me?  It got me unemployed, desperately seeking a situation that wouldn't leave me penniless.  Over-dramatic?  Maybe.  But I did lose my job four times.

No comments:

Post a Comment